Hi, my name is Kevin Fowler. I am an eCommerce, social media, communications, and user experience strategist with six years of success in fast-paced, competitive verticals. Currently in Boston; open to relocating to Austin, Chicago, San Diego, Los Angeles, or San Francisco.
Right now I: am the founder and sole proprietor of a cassette-based record label and music blog called EVERYDAYISAMIXTAPE. Responsible for all operations, including developing brand, marketing, & e-commerce strategy, as well as distribution, shipping, and logistics. EMT has released cassettes by Pretty & Nice, Birthdays, SUNRAM, Double Awake, and No Comply, as well as put on shows featuring Saint Pepsi, Major Stars, Bent Shapes, and Emily Reo.
Impose Magazine selected Birthdays’ Self-Titled cassette as their #10 album of 2012
I previously: Developed and implemented multi-channel strategies to drive business and improve customer experience as User Experience Engineer and later Director of eCommerce for Karmaloop, an Internet Retailer 500 company.
During my time there I:
- Worked closely with the IT department to facilitate feature development and vendor integration.
- Restructured and optimized e-mail marketing and pay per click marketing campaigns.
- Managed vendor relationships with Google, eBay, Amazon, and other third parties.
- Implemented a web analytics reporting process integrated with a SQL customer database.
- Utilized multivariate testing, heatmapping, and user feedback to refine and improve user experience for mobile and web platforms.
Read an article in which I spoke with Internet Retailer about Karmaloop’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday Performance
Before that I was the the eCommerce Lead and later the Director of Social Media at Ace Ticket in Boston, MA.
During my time at Ace I:
- Developed and implemented successful social media strategy.
- Managed social marketplace operations.
- Co-managed pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
- Administered online customer support.
- Leveraged SEO solutions to increase organic traffic for competitive search terms.
- Tested and refined mobile version of the website.
- Functioned as the de-facto IT manager.
Read a Boston.com article featuring quotes from Hubspot’s Mike Volpe, Vistaprint’s Jeff Esposito, and myself regarding the use of Twitter for business.
A long time ago I edited, formatted, and published service documents for an international automobile company at Bentley Publishers.
At Bentley I:
- QA’ed and distributed live content for a network of 5,000 dealerships
- Led QA cycle for the monthly physical disc version of the software.
- Implemented time-sensitive changes requested by international satellite offices.
- Functioned as a contact point between QA team and management.
I studied at: Emmanuel College in Boston, with a major in Digital Media In Communication. I co-founded the school’s independent school news blog and radio station, as well as other social initiatives.
Some Additional Core Skills:
- SEO optimization, e-mail marketing, large-scale domain registration & management, content management, A/B testing, user experience testing & optimization, load testing / load balance testing administration, mobile web development, vendor outreach & relations, agile development (with scrum).
Platforms and Frameworks I’ve Worked With:
- Google and other web analytics (including API integration), Facebook/Twitter Insights & Ads, Youtube Partners & Insights, Google AdWords & other PPC solutions, social & traditional CRM platforms, CMS frameworks (Wordpress, Drupal, etc), affiliate marketing partners (CJ, LinkShare, GAN), net MVC 3, PHP (including CakePHP), SQL, HTML5 & microformatting.
Connect with me:
References available upon request